While driving is indeed a thrilling experiencing, it is important to be on continuous high alert when you are behind the wheel. This is especially true if you are driving on a highway or some busy road with constant flow of heavy vehicles. The rates of truck accidents are alarmingly high. Call a truck accidents attorney to help you with your case.
Although certain causes of these accidents are beyond human control, the majority of truck accidents are preventable.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Following are the most common reasons behind trucking accidents:
- Changing Lanes Abruptly – while it is understandable that you would want to reach your destination early, abrupt lane changes can result in devastating crashes.
- Fatigue – truck drivers work long hours and even in continuous shifts, which affect their sleeping patterns and impair their judgment on the road.
- Distracted Driving – using cell phones, eating or drinking, talking to the passenger, checking out the scenery, and other such activities while driving is a major cause of such accidents
- Wrong Cargo Loading – when cargo is loaded in a truck incorrectly, it can lead to sudden shifts that can unbalance the truck, or the cargo might fall off the truck entirely creating an even more devastating accident.
Ways to Avoid Truck Accidents
To avoid such accidents, it is important for drivers to take some precautions, including:
- Avoid using cell phones, as well as other such distractions
- Drive within the speed limit
- Never switch lanes abruptly, give other drivers enough time to maintain a safe distance when you are about to change the lane
- Maintaining some distance between other vehicles
- Always check the breaks before heading out on a long journey
- Maintain the regular checkups of your truck to ensure everything is properly working
- Load the cargo carefully and secure it properly. Always double check
- Take breaks between long shifts. A quick nap and food at a stopover can refuel your energy
- Never drive the truck after consuming a few drinks
- If the weather is harsh, avoid driving.
It is highly important for your own safety and the safety of others to abide by the traffic rules and be cautious when driving your truck. Checking your truck thoroughly before driving can help in minimizing the risk of an accident when you are on the road.
Truck Accidents Attorney | Attorney Javier Marcos
If you have been involved in an accident, it is recommended that you consult an experienced truck accidents attorney. Attorney Javier Marcos can help in any type of accident. Whether the accident was your fault or caused due to someone’s negligence, your lawyer will have your best interest and will ensure that your rights are protected. Moreover, having an experienced professional at your side ensures you receive the justice you rightfully deserve. Call Attorney Javier Marcos for help 24 hrs 713.999.4444. Consultation is always free. There is no payment unless we win the case, we go to you and we all speak spanish.