Houston Has Seen a Huge Increase in Car Accidents
In recent years, Houston has seen a huge increase in car accidents. Subsequently in 2021, there were 330 fatal car accidents in Houston, up from 275 in 2020. This represents a 20% increase in fatal car accidents.
There are a number of factors that contribute to car accidents in Houston, including:
- Increased traffic volume. Houston is a growing city, and the population is expected to continue to grow in the coming years. This growth is putting a strain on the city’s infrastructure, including its roads and highways. Increased traffic volume can lead to more accidents.
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving is a major factor in car accidents. Drivers distracted by their phones, other passengers, or other activities can make mistakes that lead to car accidents.
- Aggressive driving. Aggressive driving is another major factor in car accidents. Drivers who tailgate, speed, and weave in and out of traffic can cause more accidents.
- Impaired driving. Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs is a major factor in car accidents. Impaired drivers are more likely to make mistakes that can lead to accidents.
The increase in car accidents in Houston is a serious problem that is having a negative impact on the city. The city is taking steps to reduce car accidents. Drivers need to be aware of the risks of distracted driving, aggressive driving, and impaired driving. There are laws in Houston designed to keep drivers safe. After a car accident, it is important to seek legal advice to protect your rights.
Here are some tips to help you avoid car accidents in Houston:
- Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to the road.
- Do not drive distracted.
- Obey the speed limit.
- Do not drink and drive.
- Be prepared for the unexpected.
By following these tips, you can help to make the roads safer for yourself and others.
Texas Leads the Nation in Fatal Car Accidents
Texas has the highest number of fatal car accidents in the United States. In 2021, there were 4,489 fatal car accidents in Texas, which resulted in 4,696 deaths. This is an increase of 15.22% from the 3,896 deaths recorded in 2020.
Texas has a large number of rural areas, and the majority of fatal car accidents in the state occur in these areas. In 2021, 51.04% of fatal car accidents occurred in rural areas, while 48.96% occurred in urban areas.
Speeding is the most common cause of fatal car accidents in Texas. Speeding caused 34.29% of fatal car accident in 2021. Other leading causes of fatal car accidents include distracted driving, drunk driving, and not wearing a seatbelt.
In 2021, there were 6,369 total commercial vehicle accidents in Harris County, which includes Houston. Statistics show that:
- 33 fatal crashes, causing the loss of 36 lives
- 110 “suspected serious crashes,” causing incapacitating injuries
- 409 “non-incapacitating crashes”
- 1,084 “possible injury crashes”
The high number of fatal car accidents in Texas is a serious problem. There are a number of factors that contribute to this problem, including speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving, and not wearing a seatbelt. Drivers need to be aware of these risks and take steps to avoid them. Involved in a car accident? It is important to seek medical attention and legal advice.