10700 North Fwy.

Houston, TX 77037

228 Westheimer Rd

Houston, TX 77006

(713) 999-4444

Contact us anytime 24/7

Personal Injury and Property Damage | Attorney Javier Marcos

Personal Injury and Property Damage | Attorney Javier Marcos

The majority of auto accidents leads to at least one party filing a compensation claim. The type of claim that the affected party files depends on the type of damages that they sustained because of the accident. Some accidents may cause only physical injuries, while others can lead to property damages or both. Personal injury and property damage claims are different in nature and might be complex for you to understand. Therefore, it is essential to hire an experienced car accident attorney to help you out.

The Difference between Personal Injury and Property Damage

Personal injury and property damage claims are completely different from one another. A personal injury claim covers any minor or major injuries you sustained in an accident. And due to someone else’s negligent behavior. It may last for years, depending on the specifics of the case.

On the contrary, a property damage claim covers any losses you experienced in terms of damages to your property. For instance your car, in an accident caused by someone else’s negligent behavior. It can last for weeks.

It is essential that a personal injury claim is properly developed. And that you complete the medical treatment needed. A comprehensive written letter is required that highlights all the details of your injuries and their severity. As well as the financial costs associated with those injuries.

As for the property damage claim, the total cost of the damage caused to your vehicle or other personal property must be highlighted. It can include details of all the personal belongings that were damaged or destroyed in the accident.

Personal Injury Claims

After sustaining injuries in an accident, your auto accident lawyer will assist you in seeking damages. That is for the following:

  • Permanent scarring or injuries
  • Pain and suffering
  • Lost wages
  • Existing and/or future medical costs

While your insurance company might cover certain personal injury damages, your lawyer still has the responsibility to hold the defendants accountable. And establish a strong case to recover the compensation you deserve for the loss and pain you endured.

Property Damage Claims

Property damage claims help to cover the cost of damage that has been caused to your vehicle or any personal property. Typically, the damages covered in a property damage claim may include:

  • Replacing or repairing your car
  • Towing costs (if the car wasn’t in a condition to be driven)
  • Expenses of rental car you had to endure while your car was being replaced or repaired
  • Cost of any personal item damaged during the accident
  • The cost of damages to any other property because of the accident

In the majority of cases, the defendant is liable to cover all the associated costs in the property damage claim. In case the negligent party doesn’t have insurance or have insufficient insurance, then the cost might have to be covered by your own insurance.

Suffered Personal Injury or Property Damage in an accident? Call Attorney Javier Marcos

If you have suffered significant property damage, then it is essential to consult an experienced attorney like Attorney Javier Marcos to help your case and file the claim. Typically, people don’t consult an attorney for minor property damage or minor injuries as they prefer to settle it without legal counsel.

Even in this case, it is possible that you don’t receive the right amount of compensation you deserve. Therefore, whether the damage is minor or major, it is highly recommended to seek the assistance of an experienced lawyer to file both a personal injury claim and/or property damage claim.

For Personal Injury and Property Damage, call Attorney Javier Marcos for help 24 hrs / 7 days a week. At 713.999.4444.




Injured? Call Attorney Javier Marcos

(713) 999-4444

We are available 24/7

Practice Areas

Call 713.999.4444 | 24/7