The reason behind most of the road accidents that take place is fairly common: negligent driving. Everyone knows that this is wrong, but still people continue to exhibit negligent behaviors while driving, leading to more and more accidents on the road each year.
The following are some of the examples of negligent driving that a lot of people engage in on a regular basis:
Examples of Negligent Driving
The examples of negligent driving can also vary depending on the vehicle being driven.
- Car Accidents.
- Texting or using the phone while driving.
- Talking on the phone or to fellow passengers.
- Ignoring traffic rules.
- Running the red lights or other violations of traffic signals.
- Driving while being fatigued, tired or sleepy.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Driving without a seatbelt.
- Aggressive driving behaviors.
- Failing to maintain a proper vehicle.
- Driving a car with faulty parts.
In addition to the above examples of negligence, the following can also be applied to truck accidents:
- Hiring drivers that aren’t qualified.
- Hiring drivers without performing a background check.
- Not performing the required drug and alcohol tests on drivers.
- Failing to maintain all the trucks in the fleet.
In some cases, however, the negligence can be the fault of someone else besides the driver. This includes:
- Failing to design or assemble proper parts for a vehicle.
- Adding defective parts to the vehicle.
- Failing to issue a timely recall if any of the parts are discovered to be faulty or potentially dangerous.
There are various ways that the government can also be responsible for a road accident; including:
- Constructing roads that aren’t up to the safety standards.
- Failing to put up proper signs. And warning to warn the driver of potential road hazards.
- Poor designing of traffic signals and signs.
- Failure to maintain, inspect and repair roads.
- Not clearing ice or snow from roads in a timely manner.
If you are a victim of an accident due to negligence, then it can be hard to prove your case without solid proof and eye witnesses. Things are a lot more complicated than you’d initially think.
However, hiring a good attorney could make all the difference in how your case is handled. An attorney who has prior experience in similar cases can help you file a strong case.
You should consider Attorney Javier Marcos if your accident took place within Houston. They specialize in car accidents and have a 24-hour consultation service so that you can talk to them before making the decision to hire them. They also don’t require you to pay unless you win the case.
Español – Abogado de accidente de negligencia