If you have sustained injuries and car damage after an auto accident due to the negligence of the other party. You must file an auto accident claim to get compensated for the losses suffered. Filing an auto accident claim can be difficult if you don’t know what you are doing.
How to file an Auto Accident Claim
- Contact your auto insurance agent immediately after the accident and explain what happened. Ask them what steps you should follow next, and which forms and documents have to be submitted. The insurance company might require you to submit a ‘proof of loss’ form, medical costs, and car repair cost. As well as the police report.
- You can opt for any car repair shop to get your vehicle repaired. While insurance companies give clients a list of recommended repair shops. The final decision is yours alone.
- It is ideal to opt for a repair shop that offers specific timelines and guarantees on the repair work. This is important since insurance policies come with certain deductibles and limits. Which is also the reason why you must determine the cost of settlement before signing off the costs of repairs.
- Provide all information the insurance company needs. The insurance company will first investigate all the insurance claims made. The insurance adjuster would ask you to submit all legal documentations and receipts related to the accident, the damages sustained, as well as the associated costs.
- It is essential that you keep track of all of the expenses you endured due to the auto accident as you might get compensated for all of it as per your policy. For instance, no-fault insurance will likely cover the cost of your hospital and medical expenses, as well as car repairs. Moreover, your policy might also cover all or a certain percentage of lost wages and future wages.
- Be sure to keep all copies of the documentation you submit to the insurance company for your own record keeping, and in case there is a mistake made.
- Don’t hesitate to discuss the settlement offer with your insurance adjuster and point out the reasons why you are dissatisfied with it (if that is the case). However, be sure to go through your insurance policy first.
Call Attorney Javier Marcos before talking to Insurance
Auto accident claims compensate victims for the pain and suffering they experience because of someone else. It is highly likely that the insurance company will try to devalue the injuries you sustain so that they can save their company money.
Therefore, hiring an expert auto accident lawyer is highly recommended since they are fully aware of the tactics insurance companies play to reduce the settlement offer. Your lawyer will properly evaluate your case, and make sure to help you get the rightful compensation you deserve for the injuries and trauma you went through.
Attorney Javier Marcos can help 24 hrs. Call 713.999.4444 for a free consultation. There is no payment unless we win the case, we go to you and we all speak spanish.