When there is a forecast of rain it is important to know 8 things before starting to drive to avoid a auto crash. Driving in the rain, whether it’s droplets or heavy rain, can result in car accidents. No matter where you live, there will always be a time when you will have to drive in the rain. This is why we present the 8 most important things you should know to handle with caution during the rain.
8 tips to drive in the rain
1. Wait for the weather to improve: If you feel uncomfortable driving in the rain, you can postpone your trip. Wait for the weather to improve before driving to your destination. If you are very nervous behind the wheel, there is no need to put yourself in danger in conditions where the pavement is wet.
2. Check your car: Make sure the car is equipped and in good condition before driving in the rain. Check your headlights, taillights, working windshields, tires have air, etc.
3. Drive slowly: Apart from raising the speed limit of the street you are on, you should also consider slowing down. You must drive more slowly than you drive when it is not raining. When the streets are wet, they are very dangerous. The reaction of the car is slower in situations when it rains. Reducing speed is the key to trying to avoid a auto crash in the rain.
4. Turn on your headlights: Several states require you to turn on your lights when driving in the rain. Turning on the lights will increase your driving visibility and the visibility of your car to other drivers to see your vehicle on the street.
5. Use your windshield: Many people forget to turn on the windshield when it rains. The windshield has the option to handle the speed from slow to high depending on the amount of rain.
6. Keep your distance: It is important to keep a safe distance between your vehicle and the car in front. Keep a large distance when it rains. Since the vehicle in front can stop immediately and if you do not have the distance you can be involved in a auto crash.
7. Avoid sudden braking: Try to go slowly and take your foot off the accelerator before you normally remove it to slow down or stop. When it rains it is better not to use the cruise control.
8. Avoid water in the street: When you see water in the street, you never know how deep it is. Many people trust and drive in deep water. This results in being rescued by a police officer. Since when the car goes into deep water, it goes out and can put at risk you and the passengers of the car.
Auto Crash Attorney | Attorney Javier Marcos
When it’s raining, you never know when an accident happens. In case of having a car crash, it is better to have a lawyer on your side like Attorney Javier Marcos. Point the phone because you never know when you will need it. 713.999.4444. The consultation is free, it does not pay if it does not win and we go where you are.
Consejos para evitar un choque de auto en la lluvia | Abogado Javier Marcos