10700 North Fwy.

Houston, TX 77037

228 Westheimer Rd

Houston, TX 77006

(713) 999-4444

Contact us anytime 24/7

5 Ways That A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help You

Accident Attorney Javier Marcos

5 Ways A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help with Your Accident Claim

Some quick facts about getting an attorney to help

Personal injury cases can become very complex very quickly. An experienced personal injury attorney can help with your case.  Let’s start by discussing some statistics for accident cases with and without an attorney.

  • Average settlement amount is greater – Studies show that if you have an attorney representing you, the average settlement amount is $77,600.  Without an attorney, the average settlement amount was only $17,600.  That is over a 400% difference!
  • Time to settle is less – The average time to settlement in accident cases without an attorney took 24 months.  With an attorney, the average time to settlement was 12 months.  Especially with high settlement payouts, you can get your settlement quicker on average with an attorney helping you.
  • Greater chance of winning your case – If a case goes to trial, you have a 61% chance on average to win your accident case if you have an experienced personal injury lawyer representing you.  That drops to 39% chance if you do not have an attorney and your claims case goes to trial.

The evidence is strong that there are real benefits to having a personal injury attorney help you with your accident claim.  Next we will look at the ways that a lawyer will help you.

Car Accident Attorney | Attorney Javier Marcos | 713.999.4444

How does a personal injury attorney help in accident claims?

A personal injury attorney can help you in an accident claim in a number of ways, including:

  • Understanding your legal rights. An attorney will know the law in your state and be able to advise you on your rights as a victim of personal injury. They can also help you understand the different types of damages that you may be entitled to, such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
  • Investigating the accident. Your attorney will investigate the accident to gather evidence that will support your claim. This may include interviewing witnesses, obtaining police reports, and reviewing medical records.
  • Negotiating with the insurance company. The insurance company for the at-fault party will likely try to lowball you on your claim. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to get you the maximum compensation possible.
  • Filing a lawsuit. If the insurance company is not willing to make a fair offer, your attorney can file a lawsuit on your behalf. They will represent you in court and fight for your right to just compensation.
  • Managing the process. The legal process can be complex and time-consuming. An attorney can handle all of the paperwork and communication with the insurance company and court, so you can focus on your recovery.

Hiring a personal injury attorney is not always necessary, but it can be a wise decision if you have been seriously injured in an accident. An attorney can help you protect your rights and get the compensation you deserve.

Here are some additional benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney:

  • They have experience dealing with insurance companies. Insurance companies are notorious for trying to lowball injury victims. An attorney will be familiar with the tactics that insurance companies use and will be able to negotiate on your behalf to get you the best possible settlement.
  • They have the resources to investigate your case. An attorney will have the resources to hire experts to investigate your case and gather evidence. This can be important in proving your case and getting the compensation you deserve.
  • They can represent you in court. If your case goes to trial, an attorney will represent you in court and fight for your right to just compensation. This can be a daunting task, but an attorney will be there to guide you through the process.

If you have been injured in an accident, it is important to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. The sooner you get legal representation, the sooner you can start the process of getting the compensation you deserve.

Injured? Call Attorney Javier Marcos

(713) 999-4444

We are available 24/7

Practice Areas

Call 713.999.4444 | 24/7