Wade attended Texas A&M University and received his Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology in 1989. He earned his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from South Texas College of Law in 1993.
Personal Injury Lawyer
Attorney Wade was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1994. Additionally, he is admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District and the Eastern District of Texas. Not only but also admitted to practice law in Colorado.
Wade Moriarty is Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law.
Wade is a former President of the Houston Trial Lawyers Association and has been on the HTLA Board of Directors since 2014. He is a member of ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates). He is also a Fellow with the Texas Bar Foundation”
He has been recognized as one of The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers in 2013, a Texas Super Lawyer for the years 2010-2012 and 2015-2022, as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers from 2008-2013, and as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People in 2009.
Attorney Wade Moriarty has an AV Preeminent® Peer Review, which is the highest rating given by LexisNexus Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Peer Review Rating, which identifies a lawyer with very high to preeminent legal ability, is a reflection of expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence.
Along with authored “Winning in the Court of Public Opinion” which was published in November/December 2007 issue of The Houston Lawyer.
As well as has been a CLE speaker on the topic of media publicity on many occasions. He has also been called upon to be the legal expert for 790 AM Sports Radio.
In addition, Wade found time during his very active trial docket to volunteer with an organization called Aspiring Youth. Aspiring Youth is an after-school mentoring program for at-risk middle school students in the inner city. Wade and his wife Rose were Volunteers of the Year in 1998, chaired the inaugural Aspiring Youth Gala in 1999, and were the Silent Auction chairs for the Gala in 2003. Wade was also a Reed Elementary PTO Board Member during the 2005-2006 school year.
Wade Moriarty lives in Houston with his wife Rose and they have two children. He recently was admitted to become a ABOTA member.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, 1993, J.D.
- Texas A&M University, 1989, B.S.
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center at the University of Houston Law Center, Blakely Advocacy Institute, 40 Hour Basic Mediation Training, 2009
- State Bar of Texas
- Board-Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law
- ABOTA (American Board of Trial Advocates)
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- HTLA President, 2021
- HTLA President-Elect 2020
- HTLA Secretary/Treasurer 2019
- HTLA Board of Directors, 2014-2021
Honors & Distinctions
- The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers– 2013
- Texas Monthly Magazine
- Texas Super Lawyers – 2010-2012, 2015-2022
- Houston’s Top Lawyers – 2013-2015
- H Texas Magazine
- Houston’s Top Lawyers – 2008-2013
- Houston’s Top Lawyers for the People – 2009
- LexisNexus Martindale-Hubbell – AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rating (highest rating)
- Aspiring Youth
- Co-Volunteer of the Year (with wife Rose), 1998
- Co-Chair of the Inaugural Aspiring Youth Gala (with wife Rose), 1999
- Co-Chair for Silent Auction of the Aspiring Youth Gala (with wife Rose), 2003
- Speaker, “How to Hire an Attorney,” May 15, 2018, HBA Speakers Bureau
- Co-Speaker, “War Stories,” 2015
- Co-Speaker, “Controlling Media Publicity,” July 26, 2007, HCCLA & HBA Criminal Law and Procedure Section
- Co-Speaker, “Controlling the Media at Trial: Silence Isn’t Golden – It’s GUILTY,” February 9, 2007, South Texas College of Law
- Co-Speaker, “Controlling Media Publicity for a Client in Crisis,” October 18, 2006, HYLA
- Legal Expert for 790 AM Sports Radio
- Author, “Winning in the Court of Public Opinion,” The Houston Lawyer, November/December 2007